Every year AFS facilitates exchange programs for thousands of outstanding high school students and teachers all across the globe who wants to experience what it feels like to live, study in another country. Most families have no idea how much they will gain by sharing their lives with a young person from another country until they become an AFS Host Family. Imagine what it would be like having an AFS sibling or child from another part of the world. Create a friendship that will last far beyond the time you share together.
This experience forever changes the lives of not only your family, but so many other people as well. What begins as an exchange of kindness, customs, and culture within a family extends throughout a high school and community to touch thousands of lives.
Over the years AFS India has hosted students from Austria, Spain, Brazil, Belgium, France, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Norway, USA, Thailand and Switzerland.
Become an AFS Host Family and broaden the horizon of your family by opening doors of your house to an international student, volunteer or teacher. AFS Host Families have reported great rewards for opening their homes and hearts to AFS Exchange Participants. By hosting an AFS Exchange Participant you, too, can:
• Enrich your family’s daily life simply by sharing it with a young person from another culture and country
• Show your part of India to an outstanding young person or teacher from another country
• Develop a lifelong connection with your hosted participant and his or her family
• Help a young individual or teacher grow into a more confident and knowledgeable person
• Extend your family to include a son or daughter you never had
• Allow you to experience the increased warmth and vibrancy of an extended family
• Make a positive and real contribution towards creating a more just and peaceful world through intercultural understanding